Who We Are
Southern Oregon Aspire was founded in 1975. We currently support 200 individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in Josephine and Jackson Counties.
- 24-Hour Homes-We provide 16 homes and support 48 individuals within Josephine County. These homes are staffed with 24 hour support.
- Supported Living- We provide 1 multi-unit complex that supports 28 individuals living independently in the community. This program offers them support in budgeting, medical appointments, nutrition, shopping, etc.
Serving both Josephine and Jackson Counties, we provide community based support for 70 individuals to explore the array of opportunities available to them within the community. Each individual is able to discover and participate in these community activities based on their terms.
Through our vocational job training we offer services in commercial and residential contracts in janitorial at 20 locations and landscaping at 32 locations. We also offer electronics recycling and our retail Computer Store. The Computer Store is open to the public and sells quality used electronics. We accept donations from the community and those donated items are broken down and recycled or refurbished and sold in our Computer Store. The main focus for these services is to offer vocational job training to 50 individuals. We provide them with individual and team support in learning valuable job skills. These businesses provide earned income that is funded back into our mission programs.
- Community Jobs- We offer individualized recruitment, training, placement and oversight to many individuals who work in the community. Our program offers support to both the employee and employer to assure a good job match and maximize the opportunity for success. We currently support 23 individuals and 17 employers.
- Works Opportunity Real Experiences (WORX) Crew- Supporting individuals to learn important work skills is the goal of the WORX Crew. Utilizing a mix of both paid and volunteer opportunities that help develop skills that are critical for employment. We support 10 individuals at 8 volunteer sites and 1 business contract at the City of Grants Pass.
Funding Facts for Service Programs:
- 24 Hr. Homes- Costs $9700 per month to support one person
- Supported Living- Costs $1400 per month to support one person
- Employment Services- Costs $40 per hour to support one person
- Community Inclusion Day Supports- Costs $2,000 per month to support one person
- Vocational Services- Costs $250 per day to support one person